Literally this is an easy recipe just once the extra ones. I think the hardest allowance is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the delectable Cottage Pie for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Cottage Pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Oil.
- It's 500 g of Beef Mince.
- It's 1 of Large Onion.
- It's 1 of Garlic Clove.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Purée.
- You need 2 of Large Carrots (cut small).
- It's 500 ml of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Butter.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Flour.
- Prepare 8 of Medium Potatoes.
- You need 50 ml of Milk.
Cottage Pie instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into 4, add to saucepan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Boil for 25 minutes on a medium/high heat.
- Heat up pan until hot or as I like to use, my wok as it is great for quick cooking! Add the tablespoon of oil and break up the mince into the pan, cooking until the meat has browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and thyme and fry until softened.
- Add the tablespoon of flour (through a sieve) try not to get any big lumps in there! Stir on a low/medium heat covering the meat and veggies - (this will help thicken the stock when you add it).
- Add tomato purée, salt and pepper to taste and then add the beef stock stirring as you add. Leave to simmer for 25 minutes to let the vegetables soften and the sauce thicken.
- Whilst your filling is simmering away strain your potatoes and mash them adding your butter and a good grind of pepper.
- Pour the mince filling into a baking dish and top with the mash. Fluff the top with a fork and I like to rub a little butter in with the fork so when it goes into the oven it makes it nice and crisp!.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes untill nice and golden brown and hot all the way through. Serve with some broccoli / asparagus 👍🏼.
I would just inform you that the recipe already tested by team, you handily follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests roughly speaking this article, occupy gate us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com