Classic Shepherd's Pie.
Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just considering the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the appetizing Classic Shepherd's Pie for your dinner with your friends or family. You can cook Classic Shepherd's Pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Shepherd's Pie
- You need 400 grams of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion, chopped up.
- It's 5 large of Potatoes.
- You need 1 medium of Carrot, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Green Peas.
- Prepare 5 medium of Champignons, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of Milk.
- It's 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It's 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It's 2 clove of Garlic.
- It's 1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Corn.
Classic Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Making the Mashed Potato: Peel and quarter the potatoes. Boil in water for about 20 - 25 minutes, until you are able to poke through the potato easily with a fork. Remove from water and allow potatoes to cool. Mash potatoes in a large bowl with a potato masher or a fork. Add the milk and butter in gradually. Blend in until the mash becomes a smooth consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Making the Meat Filling: Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Saute the clove and onions for a few minutes. Next, add carrots and mushrooms. Saute till the carrots are soft. Add the ground beef. Stir fry till beef turns light brown. Add the dark soy sauce for color. Add the green peas and corn. Add salt, pepper and seasoning to taste. Add water and allow to simmer for about 10 mins. Add more water if needed so that there is some gravy and the beef does not dry out..
- Making the Pie: Transfer the meat filling to a baking dish and level it out so that the filling covers the entire base of the dish. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese over. Next, add the mash on top of the meat filling and spread it out with the back of a spoon (do not press the mash down into the filling otherwise too much gravy will seep into the mash). Use a fork to rough up the surface of the mash. Baste the mash with a little butter and sprinkle the bread crumbs on top. Bake in oven on max heat for about 15 mins or until the potato crust turns golden brown and slightly crispy..
Just to let you know recipe already tested, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the delicious Classic Shepherd's Pie. If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, make laugh right to use us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page suitably you will easily locate it once again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com