Literally this is an easy recipe just later than the extra ones. I think the hardest share is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the delectable Shepherd's Pie for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Shepherd's Pie using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie
- You need 1.5 lbs of russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of half & half.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It's 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- It's 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced (about one cup).
- You need 2-3 of carrots, peeled, diced (1 cup).
- Prepare 2 of large cloves garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of ground lamb (traditional) or ground beef.
- It's 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
- It's 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ea. Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves.
- Prepare of Kernels cut from 2 ears corn (1 cup).
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the half-and-half and butter into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 35 seconds. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes and then add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Stir in the yolk until well combined. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F..
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the filling. Place the canola oil into a 12-inch saute pan and set over medium high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and carrots and saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the lamb, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute..
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary, thyme, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. Add the corn and peas to the lamb mixture and spread evenly into an 11 by 7-inch glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up and smooth with a rubber spatula..
- Place on a cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving..
I will just inform you that the recipe already tested, you helpfully follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Shepherd's Pie. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, occupy entre us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com