Believe it or not this is an easy recipe just afterward the other ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the delectable Cottage Pie for your breakfast with your connections or family. You can cook Cottage Pie using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 tbsp. of butter.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- It's 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, dried rosemary.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- It's 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of unsalted beef broth.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrot mixture.
- You need 3 cups of already prepared mashed poatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Cottage Pie instructions
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Once its hot, add the beef and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain out any fat, if needed, then set it aside on a plate and cover with foil..
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet. Once the butter melts, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Then stir in the garlic and tomato paste. Cook and stir another minute or so, then add the beef back to the skillet with the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir to integrate. Cook and stir often for a couple of minutes, then stir in the broth and Worcestershire sauce. Let the mixture come up to a simmer and let it simmer until it has thickened (5-10 minutes. The gravy should coat the back of a spoon). Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the frozen veggies..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 8x8" baking pan, then pour the beef mixture into it and spread it out evenly. Stir the cheese into the mashed potatoes (if using leftovers like I do, warm the potatoes up slightly first). Then scoop the mashed potatoes evenly over the top and use a fork to spread them out, being careful not to mix it into the beef mixture. Bake for 25 or so minutes, until golden on top and heated throughout. Then let it sit for 10 or so minutes before serving..
I want just to let you know recipe already tested, you usefully follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to get the delicious Cottage Pie. If you have questions or requests more or less this article, occupy edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page hence you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com