Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC.
Literally this is a simple recipe just subsequent to the extra ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the savory Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- You need 1/4 cup of 1% milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It's 2 medium of carrots (finely diced).
- Prepare 2 of ribs celery (finely diced).
- Prepare 1 small of onion (finely diced).
- It's 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 cup of reduced sodium beef broth.
- You need 1 packages of frozen peas (10oz.).
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC instructions
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine...
- preheat oven to 375...
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
I will just to let you know this recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking steps and collect the ingredients to acquire the savory Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC. If you have questions or requests concerning this article, occupy right to use us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page appropriately you will easily find it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com