Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose!. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us.
The dish is called "shepherd's pie" when made with ground lamb.
Use ground beef and it becomes "cottage pie." Shepherd's Pie is freezer-friendly, too.
Cooking once, eating twice (or more) is my jam!
Literally this is an easy recipe just behind the extra ones. I think the hardest part is to find the best ingredients so you can enjoy the appetizing Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose! for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose! using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose!
- You need of Base.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra light olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of extra lean ground beef, lamb, turkey, or veggie base (Mince)..
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It's 1 tsp of hamburger seasoning or other dry seasoning (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of thyme*.
- It's 1/2 tsp of basil*.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano*.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Pickapeppa sauce (optional for spicy flavour, but the secret ingredient!) can use Worcestershire as a substitute.
- You need 1/4 cup of Prepared Bisto (gravy) more or less to preferred.
- It's 1/4 of finely chopped onion (optional).
- It's of Topping.
- It's 3 of large baking potatoes.
- It's 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (taco, sharp or aged cheddar, or other preference).
If you avoid making shepherd's pie because of the many steps and cleanup involved, you will love this Just a few minutes under the broiler will reward you with a perfectly browned mashed potato This version is a traditional shepherd's pie because it is made with lamb. If you use ground or minced. Shepherds pie is made with lamb hense the name 'shepherd' ;-) Cottage pie generally uses beef pretty much the same inside with onions carrots Beef, either freshly ground or leftover, is the protein used in a cottage pie. Both are always covered with a tasty layer of mashed potatoes which are.
Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose! step by step
- *Substitute herbs for an italian blend if desired. Adjust all ingredients to taste..
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut potatoes into large 1-2", evenly sized chunks. Place in a pot with cold water to cover, bring to a boil, add a bit of salt if desired. Reduce heat to med/ med-high and do not cover..
- Heat skillet, then add olive oil. Once oil is heated and not yet smoking, add crushed garlic (and onion) saute briefly, then add mince..
- Before mince browns, add hamburger seasoning, basil, oregano, thyme, and Pickapeppa..
- Remove excess pan drippings. Prepare Bisto gravy with pan drippings (or water) and add to mince, stir well. Turn off heat..
- Check if potatoes are cooked by piercing with a fork. If they slide off easily they are done. Turn off heat. Drain water from potatoes. Place potatoes in the pot back on the burner with the pot lid cracked, for about 5 minutes. This dries out the potatoes so they are fluffy..
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Add milk and butter. Use a wisk and beat into a creamy consistency..
- Transfer mince to a casserole dish. (Optional step: add a layer of corn on top of the mince for a triple decker pie!!).
- Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 10-20 min to melt cheese, finish off on broil to brown cheese if desired..
- Serve with warmed canned corn or other veggies on the side..
Shepherd's pie has another name, cottage pie, and mashed potatoes have another alternative - sweet potatoes. Whatever you call it, there's enough in the recipe to bake one casserole and freeze the other for up to three months. My husband loves mashed potatoes and cheese, so I always make my Cottage Pie with plenty of both. Shepherds Pie is a favorite Irish meal, especially around St. This is a healthy version with cauliflower in place of potatoes.
I will just to let you know recipe already tested by team, you simply follow all the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to get the savory Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other...you choose!. If you have questions or requests re this article, entertain admittance us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page thus you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com