Cheesy Meat & Potatoes.
Actually this is an easy recipe just gone the other ones. I think the hardest allocation is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Cheesy Meat & Potatoes for your breakfast with your friends or family. You can cook Cheesy Meat & Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Meat & Potatoes
- It's 3 lb of Red potatoes, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1 of Onion, diced.
- You need of sauce.
- It's 1 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 12 oz of Cheese (I used velveeta, use any cheese you like).
- It's 2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of Dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh cracked black pepper.
Cheesy Meat & Potatoes step by step
- Brown beef and onions in a skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste..
- While meat is browning, slice potatoes. Layer half in a large greased casserole dish..
- Drain hamburger and layer on top of potatoes. Top with remaining potatoes..
- Sauce: melt butter in a large skillet..
- Whisk in flour and spices. Stir and cook a few minutes..
- Begin adding milk, a cup at a time. Whisking continually as it thickens..
- Once all milk is added, add in the cheese (shredded or cubed if using American cheese). Whisk and cook until completely combined and thickened..
- Pour sauce evenly over potatoes..
- Bake at 375, uncovered, for an hour and 15 minutes or more. Check potatoes with a fork to make sure they are tender..
- Broil a few minutes to get a golden brown top if desired..
- Let cool a good 10-15 minutes before serving so you don't burn your face off!.
I want just inform you that recipe already tested, you handily follow all the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to acquire the appetizing Cheesy Meat & Potatoes. If you have questions or requests with reference to this article, make laugh admission us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page as a result you will easily find it another time later. The content source: https://cookpad.com