Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne. Packed with flavour and a whole bunch of your favorite ingredients, this may just be the TASTIEST sweet stuffed potato that you will EVER eat! Try this delicious repice Baked Sweet Potato with Chilli Con Carne. Deliciously Ella - Chickpea Chilli in Baked Sweet Potatoes (from my new book!!) Roast healthy sweet potatoes and stuff the spicy chilli con carne inside.
Want more delicious and hassle-free midweek meals?
Find more here… Pin Pork and Sweet Potato Chilli con Carne for later.
This spicy meat free chilli recipe with chunks of sweet potato and protein rich black beans makes a mean mid-week meal choice.
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just later the additional ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the tasty Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne
- You need 2 pc. of sweet potato, medium (approx 2 x 4 inch each).
- It's 1/2 cup of lean ground beef.
- It's 1 pc. of carrot, small, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of pinto beans (cooked and canned, or refried type).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1 pc. of bell pepper, small (red or green), finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 pc. of onion, small, finely chopped.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of salt, adjust according to taste.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne or chilli pepper.
- You need 1/8 cup of lemon / lime/ calamansi juice.
- Prepare Dash of honey, to taste.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of water.
- You need of Optional.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of anise seed (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shredded mozarella, as garnish (optional).
DJ BBQ shows us how to create. Mixing sweet potatoes with sour diced tomatoes just did not cut it with my family. I thought this was just awful. Great Alternative This was a quick easy and healthy alternative to chili con carne and did I mention tasty too.
Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne instructions
- Drain your cooked pinto beans, and set aside 1/4 cup. Transfer remaining pinto beans on a canister and fill it with water then keep it in fridge for future use. If using canned refried pinto beans just set aside 1/4 cups, and transfer the remaining good stuff on a container and store it in fridge..
- Fill large pot with water (about 6-8 cups), set steamer and place washed root crop. Cover with lid. Turn heat to high. Soon as the water boil, turn heat down to medium. Let root crop steam for 30 minutes. NOTE: A. you don't want a burnt pot 🤭, so check water level every 10 minutes. Add water when necessary. B. boiling root crop reduces its natural sweet flavor, which is why I do not recommend that method. C. If you own a microwave, nuke it for 40 mins..
- While the root crop is steaming, chop your onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper. Set aside..
- Make the sauce. On a small bowl, mix well all "sauce" ingredients. Set aside..
- Time to stir fry spices: Put pan over high heat, soon as it smokes a bit, turn down heat to medium. Wait for 10 seconds before placing olive oil. Stir fry onion until semi translucent, then mix in minced garlic. Soon as garlic is almost golden brown add in cumin, (anise seed - optional) and bell pepper..
- If spices wafts fragrantly at home this point meant it is time to mix in your minced carrots and lean ground beef. Continue stir frying until beef is cooked. Then add in cooked pinto beans and sauce mix. Stir then let it simmer with lid cover, over low heat for about 2-4 minutes. If the sauce is reduced, just add 1 or 2 tbsp water and let it simmer for additional 30 sec. more or less, uncovered. Your chilli con carne is done..
- Your sweet potato is done after 30mins of steaming. But if you want it extra soft, steam it for another 10-15 minutes..
- Take out the root crop off the steamer. Using a wet, but wringed out hand towel, peel off sweet potato skin to discard it..
- On chopping board, cut one sweet potato in half lenght wise, then transfer on one serving bowl. Blanket sweet potato with the chilli con carne, and top it with freshly shredded mozarella cheese (optional). Repeat this step for the other sweet potato, and serve that other set to your love one or a friend. Enjoy!.
Definitely a keeper Pros: Excellent recipe. Chilli con carne: correctly served on rice, but missing the required toppings - and what is that side As for the more viscous, gluey jarred salsas, they are invariably a ludicrously sweet gloop that would Potatoes (eg chilli-topped fries) we have covered above. Like Celebrity Big Brother, it is dumb junk. Along with the tuna potato, it may be the only food where the combination of items actually results in less healing than eating them separately. Due to its difficulty to obtain.
Just inform you that recipe already tested, you clearly follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the delectable Steamed sweet potato with chilli con carne. If you have questions or requests vis--vis this article, keep amused edit us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com