Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC. As a child, shepherd's pie was one of my favorites. But now, having cut white potatoes out of our diet, I experimented with sweet potatoes in this dish for two. The result is different, but just as yummy! —Tanya Marcketti, Golden, Colorado.
But for our super healthy and leaner option, this healthy shepherd's pie recipe is made with lean ground turkey, peas, a variety of spices and then topped with a layer of fluffy mashed sweet potatoes.
This meal is specially made during St.
Patricks but can be enjoyed all year long!
Actually this is a simple recipe just taking into consideration the extra ones. I think the hardest portion is to locate the best ingredients consequently you can enjoy the tasty Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC for your dinner with your connections or family. You can cook Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
- It's of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- It's of 1% milk.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of ground black pepper.
- You need of lean ground beef.
- You need of carrots (finely diced).
- Prepare of ribs celery (finely diced).
- It's of onion (finely diced).
- You need of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Prepare of reduced sodium beef broth.
- Prepare of frozen peas (10oz.).
- Prepare of chopped fresh thyme.
- Prepare of chopped fresh rosemary.
Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a recipe you'll likely make again and again! We shared this recipe a few years back at the beginning of our blogging days. It was a recipe I had created for a cooking class.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC instructions
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine...
- preheat oven to 375...
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
Drain well and return to pot. Add margarine and half of the fresh ground pepper and mash until smooth; set aside. Add to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
Just inform you that recipe already tested, you simply follow every the cooking instructions and collect the ingredients to get the appetizing Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC. If you have questions or requests in the region of this article, divert log on us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page therefore you will easily locate it anew later. The content source: https://cookpad.com