Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC. As a child, shepherd's pie was one of my favorites. But now, having cut white potatoes out of our diet, I experimented with sweet potatoes in this dish for two. The result is different, but just as yummy! —Tanya Marcketti, Golden, Colorado.
But for our super healthy and leaner option, this healthy shepherd's pie recipe is made with lean ground turkey, peas, a variety of spices and then topped with a layer of fluffy mashed sweet potatoes.
This meal is specially made during St.
Patricks but can be enjoyed all year long!
Surprisingly this is a simple recipe just later the extra ones. I think the hardest portion is to find the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the delectable Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC for your lunch with your connections or family. You can have Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
- You need 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- It's 1/4 cup of 1% milk.
- It's 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- It's 2 medium of carrots (finely diced).
- It's 2 of ribs celery (finely diced).
- You need 1 small of onion (finely diced).
- You need 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cup of reduced sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen peas (10oz.).
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme.
- It's 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a recipe you'll likely make again and again! We shared this recipe a few years back at the beginning of our blogging days. It was a recipe I had created for a cooking class.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC step by step
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine...
- preheat oven to 375...
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
Drain well and return to pot. Add margarine and half of the fresh ground pepper and mash until smooth; set aside. Add to a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
Just to let you know recipe already tested, you suitably follow every the cooking instructions and prepare the ingredients to acquire the savory Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC. If you have questions or requests vis--vis this article, engross gate us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page fittingly you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com