Ladybirds Little Potato Pies ..
Yes, this is an easy recipe just taking into consideration the additional ones. I think the hardest allowance is to locate the best ingredients as a result you can enjoy the tasty Ladybirds Little Potato Pies . for your dinner with your associates or family. You can cook Ladybirds Little Potato Pies . using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Little Potato Pies .
- It's of plainflour.
- Prepare of butter - cubed.
- It's of salt.
- Prepare of egg yolk.
- You need of cold water.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of onion - diced.
- Prepare of garlic - crushed.
- Prepare of beef mince.
- It's of plain flour.
- It's of beef stock.
- You need of tomato paste.
- You need of worcestershire sauce.
- It's of salt.
- You need of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of potatoes.
- Prepare of cream.
- You need of butter.
- It's of grated cheddar cheese.
Ladybirds Little Potato Pies . step by step
- TO MAKE THE PASTRY : sift flour and salt into a bowl and add the cubed butter and rub butter into the flour using your fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs then make a well in the center of the flour mix and add the egg yolk and water to the flour well , mixing with a round bladed knife to form a manageable dough , which leaves the sides of the bowl clean and all is combined together now knead together until a smooth dough , wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed ..
- PREPARING THE POTATOES : Wash , peel and cut the potatoes and place them in a pot of boiling water and boil for about 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through , soft and tender , remove from heat and drain well , place drained potatoes into a bowl and mash them up well with the butter , once mashed well add the cream and whisk the cream through till smooth and creamy , set aside to cool ..
- PREPARING THE FILLING : Heat the olive oil in a large frypan and add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until soft now add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes , now add the mince , breaking the mince up , and cook over medium heat until mince is cooked through and browned , breaking up any lumps whilst cooking , next sprinkle the flour over the meat and stir through to combine , then add the beef stock , tomato paste , worcestershire sauce , salt and cracked black pepper to the pan and mix through well for a couple of minutes to combine all well , now bring to the boil then reduce heat slightly to simmer and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until mixture has reduced and thickened , then take off the heat and set aside to cool whilst you prepare pastry cases ..
- PREPARING THE PASTRY CASES : Brush patty tins / muffin tins lightly with oil or melted butter . Place chilled prepared pastry dough into a lightly floured surface and roll the pastry out very thinly . Using a glass as a guide , cut out 18 circles from the rolled out pastry . Place one pastry circle per patty tin hole , pressing in lightly to fit patty tin hole . once tins are full place them in a preheated oven at 200°C / 400°F and blind bake pastry cases lined with baking paper full of bean or rice to stop the inside of the pastry from rising and cake for 7 minutes then remove the paper and beans/rice and cook for a further 5 minutes , remove from heat and place on cooling rack to cool completely ..
- BUILDING THE POTATO PIES : Place the pastry cases on a baking paper lined baking tray and place spoonfuls of the prepared mince mixture into the individual pie cases till it reaches when top . now take a spoonful or two of the potato mixture and spread it over top of the meat filled pastry cases , you can rough up the potato surface with a fork if desired or you can pipe the mashed potato mix onto the meat filled pastry cases in a decorative way or as i did just smooth the surface over top and bring to a little peak ..
- THE COOKING PROCESS : Place prepared potato pies into the preheated oven at 200°C /400°F for 7 minutes , till potato tops harden a little , now add a little of the grated cheese to the top of each individual pie top and continue to cook for a further 7-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and is lightly golden , remove from the oven and place on serving plate , serve hot . enjoy . :-) ..
Just inform you that this recipe already tested by team, you helpfully follow every the cooking steps and prepare the ingredients to acquire the delicious Ladybirds Little Potato Pies .. If you have questions or requests in relation to this article, make laugh way in us as soon as possible. And don't forget to bookmark this page in view of that you will easily locate it again later. The content source: https://cookpad.com